Basic Police Chaplaincy Training, Level 1
DATE: Monday-Tuesday, Sept. 19-20, 2016
TIME: 8AM – 5 PM each day, lunch included
COST: $50 per person (Free if you are an APCA member)
LOCATION: Stones River Hunter Education Center, 2618 Hobson Pike, Nashville, TN. (Hotels suggested in Mt. Juliet, TN.)
TARGET AUDIENCE: All members of the criminal justice community (sworn or nonsworn) i.e., police chaplains, police officers, police command officers, EMS, and especially agency heads, administrators and supervisors.
- The 1st Amendment
- How to be a successful police chaplain
- Duties/best practices/pitfalls of chaplains
- Patrol bag contents
- 7 steps to handling a critical incident
- 7 signs of terrorism
- 7 critical stress factors of a LE officers life/stress management/CISM
- Death notification
- Suicide prevention
- Reporting child abuse
- Church security
- Use-of-force and de-escaltion/police chaplains code of ethics
- Communications/community policing
(Trainers reserve right to change subjects as they are relevant)
- Send name, address, cell phone, email and LE agency representing, along with $50. check/money order payable to “APCA”, P.O. Box 900, Mt. Morris, Mi. 48458 by Sept. 1st, 2016.
- Go to our website: www.americanpolicechaplain.org. Click left “APCA E-Store” and scroll down to bottom to PayPal. Use credit cards/debit for $50. and put for subject “Nashville Training”.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS Sept. 1st, 2016 (Payment after deadline is $60. Cash Only and payable upon arrival.)
Questions? Email: Exec. Director, Chaplain Jim Salo at: email@example.com or call (810) 730-8975 Eastern time zone.
April 2017: Basic Police Chaplaincy Training, Level 1
NW Wisconsin. Dates, cost and other info beginning of 2017.